Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The informat-huh

I'm. Not going to pretend that I understood most of this article, because I didn't. There are a lot of things in this article that I have no knowledge about or have even considered thinking about. That being said, I did understand that this is really about the beginning of computer based communities. Turing and Shannon were both doing the same thing but couldn't talk about it, so they talked about something that interested them both.

Much like today, when we use compunities to share with people feet to miles away, we share our common interests. On Facebook we can belong to groups, like certain pages and so much more. It isn't that we are sharing all aspects of our lives but rather that we are choosing to share small parts of the whole with anyone who will read what we post.

No comments:

Post a Comment